App Store Submissions

Hi,

I am trying to submit branded app but get the follow rejection.

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We’re looking forward to completing our review, but we need more information to continue. Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 17.1.1.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

If you’ve implemented App Tracking Transparency but the permission request is not appearing on devices running the latest OS, please review the available documentation and confirm App Tracking Transparency has been correctly implemented.

Can someone let me know what settings are required within the App Privacy section when submitting to the app store?

Thanks.

Hi Adam,

This is coming up as Apple generally wants to see that you provide sufficient warning to your customers regarding tracking of data and cookies.

There are a few places in the application that when used, will ask you to allow “YourAppName” to track your activity across companies’s apps and websites. You can take a screenshot of this in your application and add it to the review with the location in the app.

Some of the places where this will come up is, if you want to navigate using google maps, or if you open a webview in the app, or go-to or use external sites/content that might track data among others.

If you dont use any of these, you can just add your privacy policy in as a public link. I will show you what it will look like, and then further below show you where you can configure that.

This is what it will look like.

You can set this up in
Management → Organization → Public Content

Add your Privacy Policy like below.
Example-PrivacyPolicy

Take a screenshot of the warning screen and submit it with your review. Let me know if it gets rejected again and I can jump on a call to go through it with you.

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

I’m currently trying to submit the app via https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/
Unfortunately it got rejected again.

We noticed that your app does not request and obtain the user’s consent prior to accessing their location data, which is not allowed on the App Store.

If you can spare some time that would be great.

I’ll send you a PM

Cheers,
Adam.

1 Like

Hey Adam,

I will work with you to get this sorted.